Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:43:11 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Brian Tao <Brian.Tao@234-49-99.swimsuit.roskildebc.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.02b7 hangs

On Sun, Aug 10, 1997 at 03:57:48PM +0100, Brian Tao wrote:
>     The FreeBSD version of Netscape Communicator 4.02b7 only runs on
> the first invocation (i.e., when it determines it needs to bring up
> the license agreement window).  Attempting to restart Netscape once
> quitting that initial invocation will fail.  The process starts
> chewing up all of the CPU and not doing anything useful.

As a (perhaps) useful datapoint, I haven't had *any* problems with 4.02b7.

I run stock 2.2.2, and it just works. I haven't needed to change anything
in the preferences file to do this. My bookmarks file is > 90K, and it's
run under XFree86 and Accelerated X servers.

This was the first version of Netscape installed on this machine.

I've run other versions on other machines, and they all proved to be slightly
flaky. This is the first one I've used that hasn't dropped core on me so far.

--+==[ Nik Clayton is Just Another Perl Hacker at Interactive Investor ]==+--
               "The good guys dress in black. Remember that."        NC5-RIPE