Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:15:40 -0600
From:      Henrik Hudson <rhavenn@rhavenn.net>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>, Ryan Watson <watsonr@gulliver.summitoh.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maximum recommended user limits on mail server

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 21:33, Tom Samplonius wrote:
> * Put significant load on a Xeon, and it comes crawling to a stop?  What
> does this mean?  Lots of context switches?  A processor is always
> executing, so it has no real concept of a little or lot of load.

I think this has one hell of a lot more to do with the OS one is running. Put
a load on Windows and it will come to a screaching halt and implodes on
itself, but Solaris keeps on chugging, just slower.

--
Henrik Hudson
rhavenn@rhavenn.net

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky
rocket ship underpants don't help."  Calvin