Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2014 00:24:00 +0200
From:      tg@gmplib.org (=?utf-8?Q?Torbj=C3=B6rn?= Granlund)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bug report

I was about to file another FreeBSD bug report, but alas, this is no
longer possible without an "account".  I cannot cope with registering
"accounts" for every possible piece of software where I struggle with
bugs.

I try sending it here instead.  If it is ignored, too bad.  (It would
then be in good company of many other FreeBSD bug reports.)

This bug prevents current GMP to be compiled on i386 FreeBSD systems.

Problem: Compiler ICE

Release 9.2 and 9.3 (at least)

Test case (foo.c):
  typedef unsigned long int limb_t; typedef limb_t *ptr; typedef long int
  size_t; limb_t sub_1 (ptr, ptr, size_t, limb_t); void *alloc (size_t);
  void foo (ptr rp, ptr up, size_t un) { __builtin_expect (un <=3D 0x7f00,
  1) ? __builtin_alloca (un) : alloc (un); if (__builtin_clzl (up[un]) +
  1) { sub_1 (rp, up, un, 1); while (un > 0) { if (rp[un - 1] !=3D 0) break;
  (un)--;	} } }

How-to-repeat: /usr/bin/gcc -m32 -O2 -march=3Damdfam10 foo.c

Result:
  bug-fbsdgcc.c: In function 'foo':
  bug-fbsdgcc.c:22: internal compiler error: in memory_address_length, at c=
onfig/i386/i386.c:13897
  Please submit a full bug report,
  See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html>; for instructions.

(I do not report this to the gcc folks in spite of being urged since
this gcc apparently was hacked by fbsd.)

Torbj=C3=B6rn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622