Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 1995 12:37:22 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail question

Given a system with multiple names for the same IP,
does anyone have experience on how hard it is to configure sendmail to
use different "/etc/aliases" files for the different names?

E.g. assuming I have a machine whose name is

	real_name.my.domain

and an alias as

	nickname.my.domain

is it possible that the two email addresses:

	luigi@real_name.my.domain

	luigi@nickname.my.domain

are resolved differently by sendmail ?

I tried to add a line of the form

    luigi@nickname.my.domain: xxx

in /etc/aliases, and newaliases does not complains *provided* that
nickname.my.domain can be resolved to one of the names of the machine.
I am wondering if this is the correct way to operate.

	Thanks
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/