Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 1997 18:43:35 -0500
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
To:        Khanh Nguyen <nguyenpk@kuci.org>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd Problem...

This looks very much like a file permissions problem.  I bet /etc/passwd and
/etc/pwd.db have u=rw,go= permissions, where they should have u=rw,go=r
permissions.

in general, if root can do something that the user cannot (but the user should
be able to do), access permissions on one or more of the files the program uses
are not correct.

--
Zach Heilig
We know you are a good friend, but we have to charge you for our services just