Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 09:55:24 -0600 (MDT)
From:      gnat@frii.com
To:        Shadow Lord <shadow@insanity.dorm.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sperl buffer overflow

Shadow Lord writes:
> I cvsupped the latest 2.2 release, and it doesn't seem to have any
> changes for sperl.  Is this in the process of being fixed?

As a paid-up memeber of the Perl Porters list, I can safely say that a
fix for 5.003 (and a release of 5.004) are highly imminent.  By that I
mean, a week tops, but most likely within a day or two.  Eagle eyed
folks are going over the source with a fine-toothed comb looking for
other buffer overflows even as we speak.

Nat