Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 09:57:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   release plans

Jordan, you've probably announced this already (and I missed it because
I've lost so much time this summer) but could you please give your
notion of FreeBSD's release plans, even rough ones?  If you don't have
dates, then just the release numbering?  I'm looking for your opinion
here, so if core hasn't agreed, that's fine (though you better point
that out clearly so you don't get called on it).

I've curious about when 3.0 is going to make it, actually.  I was under
the impression that it was going to be the next one.  I remember a
heated argument about that some time back, where the fact that "it's
already been decided in core, so stop arguing" was the final result, but
then 2.2.7 arrives, and I got kinda confused.

The idea of getting both smp and soft updates in a release, well, it'd
be worth quite a bit of my time pushing upgrade-fever on my friends.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).