Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:34:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Waitman Gobble" <uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   BCM94313

--bound1339270443

Hi,

I bought an HP dv6-6c48us this morning, FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT runs great, no issues except wireless. Xorg, graphics, sound, etc works perfectly.

I immediately tore off the back panel and ripped out the Broadcom wireless/bt card and put in an Atheros AR5B195 1/2 height BT combo... but apparently the bios doesn't like it, refuses to even try to boot, and reports a message about an 'unsupported wireless device.. remove and restart machine'.

so i'm guess i'm stuck with BC... Or maybe I can look at using coreboot to replace the bios so i can use whatever wireless card i feel like, but first i suppose i'll try getting the BC card to work first.

They covered up the id info with a label (isn't the fcc id like a requirement? not sure.). The p/n is 657325-001. I found it listed on ebay as BCM94313HMGBL. It does not look like bwi and bwn kernel modules will work with this card.

I haven't tried bluetooth yet, but the bt kernel module seems to identify the hardware properly and it looks like it will work. Which is odd, at least to me, b/c I think the BC wireless is a BT combo.. but maybe they are independent devices glued to the same board. not sure.

Does anyone have a recommendation to get the wireless card working... I might have to hunt down the win32 driver and use ndis... (?) or perhaps somebody here has experience with an hp, chucking the bios and replacing with coreboot... but i think i'm holding off on that.

Thanks!

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA