Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:15:07 +0100
From:      Peter McGarvey <pmcgarvey@vianetworks.co.uk>
To:        Peter Christie <christie@idsi.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup

* Peter Christie [Monday 05 August 2002 13:41 pm]
>  hey there ~
>
>  I tried CVSup'ing for the first time the other night and filled up my
> /usr slice, guess I don't have the room for all the source code . . .
> this was a binary only 4.2 installation

Hmm, slice/partition naming problems.

A slice is what MS calles a partition
A partition is what you've called a slice

But this always confuses me so don't worry about it.

>  I don't think anything actually got updated (how can I tell for sure?)
> but I'd like to delete all the source so as to go back to whence I came,
> can I just delete everything under /usr/src ?

Indeed, deleting  /usr/src is not going to break a thing.

>  and is there a way to CVSup binaries instead of source ?

Not that I'm aware of.

But you can select UPGRADE from the main memu of sysinstall.  If you've
got a nice fat pipe grab a copy of the floppies and "install" from the net.

--
TTFN, FNORD

Peter McGarvey
System Administrator