Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:44:50 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Fedor.Gubarev@itep.ru
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4-STABLE: reboot stops after "Uptime ..."

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.10109191000220.7676-400000@raven.itep.ru> Fedor.Gubarev@itep.ru writes:
: Just after upgrade, reboot, halt, shutdown -p and friends stopped working from
: multiuser, machine freezes at
:
: syncing disks... 2
: done
: Uptime: 17m27s
:
: Funny thing is that everything is OK from single user - something happens
: during normal boot sequence (apm, apmd are disabled completely, but problem
: seems to be independent on that). Mail-lists, FAQ etc gave no hints at all...
:
: Any ideas?

Try disabling pccard and running the experiment.  Eg, boot to
multi-user.  If it fails, then you know the problem.

irq 0 is something that I'd love to have a machine that tickles.  Now
that we're out of code freeze, I can do a wider range of fixes than I
could before 4.4.

Warner