Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:46:20 -0800
From:      "Jonathan Graehl" <jonathan@graehl.org>
To:        <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nonblocking sockets and EINTR

If a TCP or UDP socket is set nonblocking, do I ever have to worry about getting
my system calls for those sockets interrupted?  It is my understanding that you
should only have to check for EINTR for "slow" system calls (that can take an
indefinite amount of time), which should mean I'm home free, since the operation
either completes immediately, or I get EWOULDBLOCK.

For now, since I am not sure I can count on this behavior, I block all nonfatal
signals.  I would like to be able to use signals to communicate to my daemon
(with the caveat that I may get an EINTR for my kevent call, but not for any of
my socket operations).

Is there any standard behavior I can count on for nonblocking sockets w.r.t.
EINTR?

Thanks ...

--
Jonathan Graehl