Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:15:18 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Thomas Connolly" <tconnolly@electrosoftsolutions.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ethernet card problem

Try setting the BIOS to OS TYPE:  non-PNP

Relevant lines from your dmesg:

dc0: <Intel 21143 10/100BaseTX> at device 13.0 on pci0
dc0: couldn't map ports/memory device_probe_and_attach: dc0 attach
returned 6

If you look down a ways, you'll also see that you're going to have
USB trouble
if we don't address this issue.

I'm still looking about a bit.  If we can get the NIC recognized,
then
fixing rc.conf should be easy...

HTH,

KDK