Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 02:05:44 GMT
From:      john@T-F-I.freeserve.co.uk (John Murphy)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Visual config changes permanent?

Hello again.
Is boot -c visual supposed to make permanent changes?

I need to set ed0 to 0x340 IRQ9 but the change has to
be made at every boot up. I tried booting from the
floppies and using -c and visual from there, but ed0
still reverts to 0x280.

This is in my nice shiney new 3.2. I remember it was
the same in 3.0 and there was a workaround, but I'll
have to do a custom kernel soon anyway...

A thought has just entered my newbieness - Should I
have capitalised the 'y' for yes to save changes?

--=20
John. Probably overlooking the obvious.