Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:08:19 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Dru <dlavigne6@cogeco.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mozilla Java (was Re: Mozilla+flash player)

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Dru wrote:

> No Diamond Mine for me, just the irritating popup to install the java
> plugin (which doesn't work). About plugins shows flash nicely, nada on the
> java.

Try Bounce Out.  That just worked for me here on a native Mozilla built
last night.  Diamond Mine didn't want to work.

> You didn't perchance hava java working in Netscape first?

Nope, haven't messed with Netscape in years.  Other than Mozilla, that
is. 8-)

> I tried to install the latest netscape but it was forbidden. I
> decided to live dangerously and go for it, but it failed with gtk
> errors. Ditto on the linux-mozilla port.

linux-gtk looks to have been recently updated to linux_base (v7).  This
is bad news because other ports don't seem to like v7, and apparently
you can't have both.  At present, I'm guessing that installing the
linux-gtk port from 4.6-Release ought to be a way to get linux-mozilla
working.