Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 02:53:00 -0700
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu>
To:        current

Ooh, ooh.  A chance to trumpet the Usenet theme for people who still don't
get it.

To stretch the truth a little, it is a cruel hoax that (very large)
mailing lists are faster than Usenet.  Sometimes I see substantial
Usenet threads that start and finish in less than 8 hours.  Even
if it isn't true at this very moment in time, certainly as the
FreeBSD base grows even more, the mailing list delay will only get
longer.  Mailing lists just aren't scalable to Usenet proportions.
This is just one of the reasons I'm in favor of moving to newsgroups
(with mailing list gateways for people who still want lots of mail,
of course).