Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:21:30 -0700
From:      Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "binary diff" utility

On Jun 29, 2012, at 8:53 AM, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> i have many windows images running over virtualbox. each takes several gi=
gabytes. i use flat image format.
>=20
> each differs by very little.
>=20
> Is there any program that can do "diff" and keep just a difference betwee=
n each of them instead copy of whole VM disk??

Der, someone over my shoulder highlights the fact that there's "bsdiff" and=
 "bspatch" in the base system for diffing/patching binary files.

But your mileage may vary with such large files. Something from ports that'=
s already been recommended may work better.
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.