Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:10:46 -0500
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   unable to get dumps?

--==========B1D5A850C3C26A20C10D==========

Is there a known issue with recent -CURRENT (between September 10, 2003 and =

today) where
you can't get a panic dump?

I have a kernel from yesterday's sources (modulo a reversion of=20
ata-lowlevel to version
1.10 because 1.11 won't boot), and some debugging code from Nate Lawson to=20
debug my
ACPI issue.

When I hit DDB, and type panic, it says it's dumping, but NO disk I/O=20
occurs.

What can I get to help this?

Also, when coming back up after the Panic on the same kernel, we get=20
unexpected soft-update
inconsistencies, cannot write block type errors from FSCK.

Going back to my September 9, 2003 kernel, fsck deals with the same exact=20
filesystem
just fine.

What can I get to help with this issue as well>?

--=20

--==========B1D5A850C3C26A20C10D==========

--==========B1D5A850C3C26A20C10D==========--