Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:32:23 -0600
From:      "Derrill \"Kisc\" Guilbert" <Derrill@DaemonNews.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: virtual terminal

alt-f1 through alt-f9 (I think all those) ARE virtual terminals, moreso than
they are CREATING one.

If you hit alt-f2 to get to a new one, you hit alt-f1 to get back to your
first one. Think of it like multiple desktops, once you get X running. Same
idea. They are there, they stay there (unless you reboot or something, of
course), you get to the several of them by alt-f1, or alt-f7, whicheverone
you want to get to.

If you're in X, you can do ctrl-alt-fn ... replace n with whichever f key
has your other terminals, or a fresh one. alt-fn doesn't work in X.

Er. At least the one I always use, uh, KDE I think. I'm stuck on a windows
box atm, cause our shipping program is windows only. Plus Neverwinter Nights
is only on Windows, at least for this week.

While I'm talking about X, you might like to know that ctrl-alt-backspace
will kill your X session. The whole thing, I mean.

Couldn't tell you where to man that, I got it from the first day of Chris'
class, and therefore prolly from Annelise's book (that's the first day of
class, you see; Unleashed is the rest of the week).

Derrill

|             |  Laboratorio de Comunicaciones Digitales  |
|             |         http://lcd.efn.uncor.edu/         |
|             |      Universidad Nacional de Córdoba      |
|             |            Córdoba - Argentina            |