Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 01:39:03 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Jon Nathan <jon+dated+1032556588.430003@rupture.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: screen backspace moves cursor but does not delete characters

On 2002-09-13 17:16, Jon Nathan wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem with screen.  In certain places, when I
> use the backspace key, it moves the cursor to the left but does not
> delete the character that it was on.  This happens in line-entry
> places.  Like the To: line in mutt, or the text-input buffer in tf
> (tiny fugue), or the text-input buffer in naim (terminal aol im
> client).  To explain more fully, consider the following:

This is almost always a terminal type problem.  I have always included
the following in my ~/.screenrc and never had any problems using
screen on the FreeBSD consoles:

	term vt220

For that extra, special, taste of terminal fun, you can always start
hacking away at the TERMCAP entry by playing with 'termcap' lines in
your .screenrc :-)

Giorgos Keramidas		FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
keramida@FreeBSD.org		http://www.FreeBSD.org/