Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:32:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        luettgen@swh600.langen.bull.de (Ralf.Luettgen)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scsiformat under 3.0

Ralf.Luettgen wrote...
> Hi,
>
> on my new FreeBSD 3.0 box there is no scsiformat.
> Can I do it with camcontrol

Yes, you can.  Try this:

camcontrol cmd -v -n da -u 2 -t 3600 -c "4 0 0 0 0 0"

"-v" tells camcontrol to print sense information if the command fails
"-n" specifies the device name
"-u" specifies the unit number (i.e., da2)
"-t" specifies the timeout for the command in seconds.  If you suspect your
     disk will need more than an hour, increase it.
"-c" specifies the SCSI CDB

I plan on adding a 'camcontrol format' command, but haven't gotten around
to it yet.  The above command should give you more or less the
functionality of scsiformat, but without the seatbelt.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com