Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 07:30:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        melvin@tri-comm.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG (Questions FreeBSD)
Subject:   Re: rsh

In a previous message, Melvin Brown said:
> I can't get rsh to work.

> In /etc/hosts.equiv, I having the following line:
> ns2.pitllc.com    root
This is fine.

> In /.rhosts, I have the following line:
> 209.12.230.3
This should also be ns2.pitllc.com

> In /etc/hosts, I have the following entry:
> 209.12.230.3    ns2.pitllc.com     ns2

Do you use DNS? (What's in your /etc/host.conf file). Does it
agree with your /etc/hosts file? What is the output of the who
command for the tty youare logged into with a telnet or rlogin?
Does it match ns2.pitllc.com?

--
"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right."
                                  --Henry Ford