Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:49:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      chat room <chat@soon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installtion problem on Toshiba 300CDS

Hello there,

I'm 100% to FreeBSD and I've Tons of question of how to make FreeBSD 4.0
work on my Toshiba 300CDS Notebook.

I've downloaded FreeBSD on my dos partition(730MB),
Install the software at another partition(1200MB),
and use the balance 145MB as the swap file.

Everythings seems fine with the windowmaker, netsacpe ect...

Problem 1 :  PCMCIA card.
I've a Socket Communication INC serial I/O card on slot 1.
And a Prolink 1456C V90 PCMCIA modem on slot 0.

Can you teach me how to write the conf file get
this two pcmcia card working.

Problem 2 : PPP Configuration
My ISP in Singapore require all our international connection
to go thur their proxy server(proxy.mystarhub.com.sg ,port8080)

Can you show in a sample of the ppp.conf and ppp.link file for  this type of
connection.

Problem 3 : Dos partition mount
How do I mount the dos partition on the same HDD?
Can I read/write/copy the files from there?

I'm sorry for this long mail, I've tried to read up all information and
spend weeks working on it, And its still
not working.

Thanking You

Regards,

Arthur Chang