Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2023 14:24:00 +0200
From:      George Abdelmalik <george@fork.id.au>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   The future for support of BeagleBone Black and its variants

Hi all,

For a long while now CURRENT has not been working on the BBB due to
incompatible upstream changes in vendor DTS files. I know there are some
patches available which at least get FreeBSD running but those have yet
to be incorporated into the project's repository.

This leaves me with the feeling that BBB support in FreeBSD is on the
path to being dropped. Is there someone from the FreeBSD project that
could speak directly to this?

As a user it would be helpful to know if I should be searching of an
alternate SBC platform or another OS for my projects.

If it still remains the plan to keep supporting BBB into 14.0 and beyond
then I'd like to know what work is missing to make that happen. I'm
willing and able to help.

Regards,
George.