Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:39:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD dead ?

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.1000311122102.8525C-100000.kithrup.freebsd.hackers@omnix.net> you write:
>merge + give code to freebsd --> lack of $$ but future investment
>bsdi unhappy to have given code but thinking to the future
>freebsd users happy of the new features

Er, no.

I've known a lot of the BSDi folks since before there was a FreeBSD.  One of
them, who is not with the company any longer, _might_ have felt that way --
but, then, given the popularity of Linux, he quite likely would have changed
his mind.

One engineer at BSDi has told me he's quite happy to be working on free
software again.

I don't deny that I have some trepidation about it, but nobody is entering
into this with any "evil intents."