Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2012 00:13:10 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-usb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Support for graphics tablets

Hi, folks. I have a graphics tablet (a Waltop-based one, see [1]
for it's USB ids and descriptors) and I want to make it work on
FreeBSD.

Currently (8.3-RC1) this is what happens when I attach it:
    ugen0.2: <WALTOP International Corp.> at usbus0
    ums0: <WALTOP International Corp. Slim Tablet, class 0/0, rev 1.10/11.05, addr 2> on usbus0
    ums0: 5 buttons and [XYZ] coordinates ID=1

So, ums(4) tries to grab it -- but that doesn't really work:
    # cat -v /dev/ums0
    <no output here, ever>

In any case, the native mode for this tablet are events with
absolute coordinates, so if my understanding is correct ums(4)
is of no use here, as it is bound by mouse(4) protocol.

So the first question I have is: do we have any kind of support
for tablets (other than Wacom's)? Did we ever? Is/was there
someone working on this?

The second question: is there a way to disconnect ums(4) and
make uhid(4) handle the device (while staying with GENERIC
kernel)?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/digimend/index.php?title=Waltop_Slim_Tablet_12.1%22