Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:20:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@ds9.abac.com>
To:        Minh Huynh <huynh@metisllc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: qpopper2.3

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Minh Huynh wrote:

> I am running freebsd 2.2.1 and I am trying to compile qpopper2.3 from Qualcomm.com and I am having trouble. When I type make, there is no target or platform for
> FreeBSD. What should I do? Please help.

I've never tried compiling the version downloaded directly from the web
site myself.  Did you install the ports collection?  I compiled from
there... it automatically goes and gets the latest version from the FTP
site (in this case, Qualcomm), applies whatever patches are necessary, and
compiles it for you.  Works like a charm! :)  On my system, it's under
/usr/ports/mail/popper.

*     Bryce Newall    *    IRC: Data    *    Email: data@dal.net     *
*  WWW: http://voyager.abac.com/data  *  IRC Admin, voyager.dal.net  *
*        --== Try DALnet!  Server irc.dal.net, port 7000 ==--        *
*               "Stop smirking, Number 1."  -- J.L. Picard           *
*          "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop!"  -- EMH Program, ST:FC    *