Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:39:31 +0900
From:      Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        dmmiller@cvzoom.net
Cc:        Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Subject:   Re: more patch for secondary buffer, polling and DMA emulation in pcm

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:32:23 -0500,
  Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net> said:

Donn> Actually, the patch makes things worse for me on the ESS 1868,
Donn> which is an ISA card in my case.  When I press "play" in
Donn> RealPlayer-5.0, the first 4 seconds skip repeatedly, and then the
Donn> whole thing stops.  Also, I get a "general error occured" and a
Donn> write error when I first press play.  This message occurs
Donn> immediately the clip begins playing, at which time the first 4
Donn> seconds play repeatedly.

I installed and tested RealPlayer 5.0 just now, and saw the same error
as you did. I will take a look at the pcm operations that RealPlayer
makes. RealPlayer G2 has worked, so something must have changed in the
players. My sound cards are SB32, SB64 and CS461x, so the problem is
likely to be in channel.c or dsp.c.

BTW, is Real still distributing RealPlayer 5.0 or G2 for linux? The
URI in the Makefile of the port looks obsolete... (I had downloaded
the players at my home)

--
Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> <tanimura@FreeBSD.org>