Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:46:25 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        ryan beasley <ryanb@goddamnbastard.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: lockmgr: draining against myself

In message <20021229055919.GA62145@goddamnbastard.org>, ryan beasley writes:

>panic: lockmgr: draining against myself

I've just checked in revision 1.426 of vfs_subr.c which may solve
this, but I was not able to reproduce it myself. Could you or anybody
else who has seen this panic try the above revision to see if it
helps? Note that you will need HEAD rather than RELENG_5_0 to get
this change.

There is probably a better approach to solve the VOP_INACTIVE
recursion problem than the one I used though - I think maybe having
a vnode flag that remembers whether a VOP_INACTIVE call is necessary
would be more general than the VI_DOINGINACT flag.

Ian