Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 01:00:30 +0600
From:      Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat <mojahed@citechco.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UFS more susceptible?

Hello,

I live in a part of the world where power is very irregular.  In
my short experience with *BSD, I see that UFS has more problems
than ext2 with unclean shutdown.  I lost files in both FreeBSD
and OpenBSD, this was very rare in my 2 years in Linux land.

Is there any way to tweak the sync time?  (sync time for
meta-data in Linux ext2 is 5 secs, configurable).

I am FreeBSD 2.2.6 and OpenBSD 2.4.

Any hints/pointers appreciated.

--
Mojahed