Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2012 05:51:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD && HDMI TV

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> The TV has as well a LAN connector, I don't know at the moment for what
> this is good for, i.e. what kind of protocol it is expecting on the LAN
> connector...

A few displays can be controlled over the LAN connector (power on/off,
input selection etc.) but in most cases it's solely for use with Netflix
and the like.

My computer monitor died a few days ago and I had to buy a new one, but
I made sure to get one that had a VGA input.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]