Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:54:53 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (wlan) how to update a pf rules set automaticly

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 09:44:41PM +0100, Gordon Bergling wrote:
> Off cource, I could write a script which updates my pf.conf or restart
> pf with a different config file, but I would like to have some more
> magic. ;)
>
> Has anyone an Idea?

What I do, using ipfw, is have 2 scripts.

The first is the initial script; it only allows DHCP traffic.

The second is invoked via dhclient-exit-hooks, and is told such things as my
IP address, subnet mask, default router, maybe an NTP server....
Anyway, the second script is fired up by dhclient-exit-hooks, and set up
the packet filtering rules for the IP address & network on which I ended
up.

Peace,
david
Mail filters, like sewers, need to be most restrictive at the point of entry.