Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:04:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.3 CD (Sep 30) won't boot

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>    Yeah, I've seen the errata.
>
> But you didn't say so.  Nor did you give any information that distinguished
> your case from the one in the errata.  We're happy to help if we can, but
> we're not psychic.

I thought mentioning that I was using the latest 3.3 CD, would indicate
I'd read it. Sorry for not being clear.

> Please try reposting with more details.  There's a very nice periodic post
> on how to get the best results from -questions, as well as complete archives
> of previous questions.  Please check those to figure out which details to
> give, and hopefully we'll be better able to help on another attempt.

I've updated the BIOS on the 2940UW, from v1.21, to the latest v2.20. The
CD now boots. In fact the older version of the CD boots also. Problem
solved.
  Just wierd that FBSD wouldn't boot, whereas Win98 and Redhat 6.1 would.
Surely some minor problem with the CD, still? Anyway, I'm alright Jack.
Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@ais.salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)