Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 1995 19:32:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question (or complaint) about sup

Hi...

	Someone just told me about what sup is all about, and how to
use it, and whatnot...but it seems that some parts rely on other
parts, some of which I'd rather not make use of...

	I know, kinda vague.  For example, /usr/src/lib/libncurses
is 1.8.6...from 1994.  I'm on the ncurses mailing list, and the
ncurses I have on the system right now is 1.9.8 (1.9.7a + a bunch of
patches).  I dont' want to do a 'make world' and have my ncurses
replaced...

	...similar with sendmail and any other software that I've
already got newer versions of installed...

	I don't assume that make world is smart enough to know the
difference in version numbers, or anything like that, so assume that
it will wipe out all I've brought over in favor of what it thinks is
the "new stuff"?

Marc G. Fournier | Knowledge, Information and Communications, Inc (ki.net)
scrappy@hub.org  |
 soon to be:     |
scrappy@ki.net   | For more information, send me email.