Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:41:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Packages with Absurd Dependencies

Why, for example, do the Mozilla packages force one to install Python?  And
when I went to forcibly delete it afterwards, it claimed that it was required
by libxml2, gtk-2.43, etc.  That's totally insane.  While I like package
convenience, it's this sort of thing that keeps me from using them except for
things like browsers that are a pain to build.  What's next?  Requiring me to
install (spit) Mono as a dependency for Nethack?

Jeff Katcher