Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:52:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netboot status ? (diskless related)

Luigi Rizzo writes:
| given that now 3.1/4.0 seem to have better diskless support,
| i am in the need of building the boot images for the diskless
| workstation. Netboot does not support elf kernels, so i think i have
| the following alternatives:
|  * use netboot with an aout kernel
|  * build a bootable floppy with an ELF kernel (btw what is the magic
|    sequence to put the appropriate stuff on the disk, something along
|    the lines of

   * or use my etherboot port that is pr:
	[1999/01/13] ports/9480 ports    ELF kernel netboot

Note it needs two patches that have be found since the original PR. It
supports a.out, ELF, mknbi images (ie DOS and some other stuff).

Doug A.
One of atleast a couple people netbooting ELF kernels, starting to think people
don't care about netbooting anymore.