Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:15:02 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Will Downs <rbi@techzone.cx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipnat port rdr question.

I'm currently attempting to setup a FreeBSD firewall (running
3.1-RELEASE), i'm using ipnat to do network address translation. I
have several *nix boxes behind the firewall, that all access the network
perfectly using NAT.

What i'm attemping to do, is redirect request on a specific port to an
internal machine. I have created a ipnat.rules file that contain several
rules.

map ed1 192.xxx.xxx.xx2/32 -> 204.xxx.xxx.xxx/32
rdr ed0 0.0.0.0/0 port 4500 -> 192.xxx.xxx.xx3/0 port 23

The first map rule allows my internal machine to use NAT.
The second rule is where my problems come up.

If i telnet to that port, my session timeout. For some reason it's doesn't
seem to even attempt a connection to the internal machine. I belive i'm
missing some thing.

I have relaxed my firewall rules while i'm trying to get this to work. So
that shouldn't be a problem.

This is how my network looks..

ed0 (204.xxx.xxx.xxx) external interface.
                      |(firewall)
ed1 (192.xxx.xxx.xx1) internal interface.

192.xxx.xxx.xx2   192.xxx.xxx.xx3    192.xxx.xxx.xx4

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone knows a doc or man that
could help me, that would be great aswell.

Thanks in advance.