Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 10:14:41 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        brian@mpress.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich), freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone know of any software for playing Video CDs?

As Brian Litzinger wrote:

> I then met with representatives of Philips and showed them the
> cool things I could do with software.
>
> I asked if I could publish the source, they said no.  More exactly
> they said I couldn't publish anything that would "give away" the
> definition of the format. 8-(

You need an ambituous guy here in Europe.  It is allowed for us to
re-engineer some software if this is the only possible way to find
about the interface description, and you can prove that you need it.

(No, i'm not the guy for this.  I have too little interest in
multimedia stuff, and way too few time.  It probably requires a
student with too much time. :)

--
cheers, J"org