Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:40:35 +0200
From:      "Alexander Bezprozvanny" <alexbez@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Q] Porting FreeBSD to run on top of some proprietary hard real time OS on exotic HW?

Hi all,

 We are facing the need to port FreeBSD to some (exotic) HW platform. I am
totally new to this business, so I need to do some homework before coming up
with a sensible project plan.

The target HW platform already has some sort of a primitive proprietary hard
real time OS running on it. Current plan is to have FreeBSD running in the
idle process of that OS.

The question is: what would be the requirements to that underlying OS from
FreeBSD? What services/APIs shall it provide for FreeBSD? How the HW
virtualization works in this case (RTC, etc)? If someone could point me to
some resources/discussions on this subject, that would be most appreciated.
Thank you!

Alexander Bezprozvanny

P.S. I have posted this to freebsd-platforms, but that mailing list seems to
be pretty dead: for the last 12 months only spam bots and yours sincerely
were posting there :-) so I decided to crosspost it to this list.