Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 16:45:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@mediacity.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SNMP returning constant value for changing field

I'm running UCD-SNMP-3.1 on a 2.1.5 system.

When I issue the command:

snmpget -v 1 localhost public interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets.1

I get the same number from each invocation of the get, eventhough
the number is actually changing.  On the other hand, if I issue the
command

snmpget -v 1 localhost public interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets.1 \
                              interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets.3

repeatedly, I get the correct, updating values.

Have I misunderstood something?

Thanks,
--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com