Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:08:18 -0500
From:      Corey Cavalier <cavalier@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   power pc

Is it possible to run bsd and its programs on a powerpc (g3/4)?

What I am most interested in is running these apps on Mac OS X, since it
seems to be ultimately based on BSD 4.4 (via NextStep) and will supposedly
support BSD apps.  If I were to use it, I would like to be able to use Unix
apps without relying on Apple to port them to the architecture.  (Of
course, the compatibility of an unmodified BSD app with Mac OS X remains to
be seen.)

Corey Cavalier

2112 Guadalupe #705
Austin, TX 78705