Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 12:51:55 -0700
From:      "Brandt Everett" <everett@bentonrea.com>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ipfw

I think this is correct but can someone please verify with me

Situtation:
	I have a firewall with the following rules.

        ${fwcmd} add pass ip from ${net1} to ${net2}
        ${fwcmd} add pass ip from ${net2} to ${net1}

        ${fwcmd} add divert natd all from any to any via ${natd_interface}

Here is my question.  If a packet matches one of the first two rules, does
it drop out of the rule set and continue on?  I know that the divert will
insert the packet back into the rule list on the next numbered rule.

Also, on a machine with two interfaces, is there somewhere I can find a
order for the process or is this right.

example:

(incoming
packet)->(outsideif)->(ipfwrule)->(natd)->(ipfwrule)->(insideif)->continues
on...

(outgoing packet)<-(outsideif)<-(ipfwrul)<-(natd)<-(ipfwrule)<-(insideif)<-
starting packet..

Can someone help clear this up?

Thanks

Brandt Everett