Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:32:24 -0500
From:      Graham Allan <allan@physics.umn.edu>
To:        Konstantin Kulikov <k.kulikov2@gmail.com>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mps driver on 10.2-BETA

I definitely had the same issues others reported with the 20.00.00.00
firmware (though using FreeBSD 9.3). I was building a new system at the
time so was able to stress test it with different firmware versions - 20
gave errors, 19 and 16 were fine.

I have another system which isn't in production yet - I can do the same
test on that and see if the newer 20.00.00.04 is stable. This is also
running 9.3 but the test should still be valid. I will be using this
system for 10.2 testing, but would like to keep it on 9.3 for a short
time to try and resolve any issues with that.

I wonder if some advice about firmware could be added to the mps man
page? Even at this point I'm not certain what the absolute best practice
is, whether driver and firmware versions should match, or (as FreeNAS
developers seemed to imply) firmware should be >= driver.

Graham