Date:      Wed, 12 May 2004 03:45:15 +0800
From:      Xin LI <delphij@frontfree.net>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 1.1.5.1-R cvs repo archive?

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 04:41:17PM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> As part of the BSD vs AT&T settlement, all the *BSD releases had
> to move to the 4.4BSD/lite distribution.  In the case of FreeBSD,
> 1.x was "encumbered" and had to be expunged from the repository.
> FreeBSD 2.x was developed from 4.4BSD/lite in a separate CVS
> repository (hence the 'n').

Yes. This happens to NetBSD, too, and it seems that they expunged these
"encumbered" revisions from their repository directly.

> Since SCO (in a previous incarnation) released the old Unix source
> code, the FreeBSD 1.x repository could probably now be legally
> made available.  A number of FreeBSD old-timers have admitted to
> still having copies of the 1.x repository but I don't know that
> anyone has put it up on the WEB.  (Even if the FreeBSD project
> doesn't want to put it up, I suspect The Unix Historical Society
> would be happy to add it to their archives).

I have a 1.1.5.1-RELEASE tarball, however, not the 1.x CVS repository.
Is it still possible to get a copy of the old CVS tree somewhere?

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA--