Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:59:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt of the Long Red Hair <mattp@conundrum.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec Ultra160 SCSI support?

I'm shopping around for an Ultra160 adapter to replace the SC875 currently in
one of my systems.  Adaptec has always seemed to be well supported, so I was
looking there first, but I don't see any of the Adaptec Ultra160 adapters
listed in the 4.5-R hardware compatibility list.  Is this an oversight, or are
they really not supported yet?  Anyone know if the aha, ahc or aic drivers
will handle them? I'm looking primarily at the Adaptec 29160.

In case these cards aren't supported, does anyone have suggestions for a good
Ultra160 adapter to use with 4.5-R or -STABLE?