Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 04:22:55 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        imp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard not feeling so well....

* Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> [010327 04:20] wrote:
> Inserting pccards into my Dell Latitude CPi seems to lock it solid,
> I sometimes have a chance of making it see a card if i boot with
> the card already in the machine.
>
> Is there someplace i can poke my laptop with a paperclip to NMI it? :)

This was pretty vague, here's the relevant options from my kernel config
file:

device          isa
device          eisa
device          pci
device          fdc

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd                 # ATAPI floppy drives
device          atapist                 # ATAPI tape drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering

# SCSI Controllers
device          ahb             # EISA AHA1742 family
device          ahc             # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
device          amd             # AMD 53C974 (Teckram DC-390(T))
device          isp             # Qlogic family
device          ncr             # NCR/Symbios Logic
device          sym             # NCR/Symbios Logic (newer chipsets)
options         SYM_SETUP_LP_PROBE_MAP=0x40
                                # Allow ncr to attach legacy NCR devices when
                                # both sym and ncr are configured
# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device          atkbdc 1
device          atkbd
device          psm

device          vga

# splash screen/screen saver
device  splash

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc      1

# Floating point support - do not disable.
device          npx

# Power management support (see LINT for more options)
device          apm

# Add suspend/resume support for the i8254.
device          pmtimer

# PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
device          card
device          pcic

# Serial (COM) ports
device          sio

# Parallel port
device          ppc
device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
device          lpt             # Printer
device          plip            # TCP/IP over parallel
device          ppi             # Parallel port interface device
#device         vpo             # Requires scbus and da

# PCI Ethernet NICs.
device          de              # DEC/Intel DC21x4x (``Tulip'')
device          fxp             # Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B (82557, 82558)
device          tx              # SMC 9432TX (83c170 ``EPIC'')
device          vx              # 3Com 3c590, 3c595 (``Vortex'')
device          wx              # Intel Gigabit Ethernet Card (``Wiseman'')

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          dc              # DEC/Intel 21143 and various workalikes
device          pcn             # AMD Am79C79x PCI 10/100 NICs
device          rl              # RealTek 8129/8139
device          sf              # Adaptec AIC-6915 (``Starfire'')
device          sis             # Silicon Integrated Systems SiS 900/SiS 7016
device          ste             # Sundance ST201 (D-Link DFE-550TX)
device          tl              # Texas Instruments ThunderLAN
device          vr              # VIA Rhine, Rhine II
device          wb              # Winbond W89C840F
device          xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')

# ISA Ethernet NICs.
device          ed
device          ex
device          ep
device          fe
# WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11 wireless NICs. Note: the WaveLAN/IEEE really
# exists only as a PCMCIA device, so there is no ISA attatement needed
# and resources will always be dynamically assigned by the pccard code.
device          wi
# Aironet 4500/4800 802.11 wireless NICs. Note: the declaration below will
# work for PCMCIA and PCI cards, as well as ISA cards set to ISA PnP
# mode (the factory default). If you set the switches on your ISA
# card for a manually chosen I/O address and IRQ, you must specify
# those paremeters here.
device          an
# Xircom Ethernet
device          xe
# The probe order of these is presently determined by i386/isa/isa_compat.c.
device          lnc
device          cs
device          sn

# Pseudo devices - the number indicates how many units to allocated.
device          random
device          pcm

options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE
options         DDB