Date:      7 Jan 2004 23:02:40 +0100
From:      "Clemens Fischer" <ino-qc@spotteswoode.de.eu.org>
To:        "Artis Caune" <ac-lists@latnet.lv>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loading lot of rules takes very long time

* Artis Caune:

> I wrote my own traffic shaper: kld module.

are you going to make this traffic shaper available to the masses?
i'd be interested.

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 01:04:31PM +0200, Artis Caune wrote:
>> maybe ipfw need feature like:
>> ipfw -f /etc/rc.firewall

am i really thre only one who read ipfw(8) and uses the feature you
found missing?

IPFW(8)     FreeBSD System Manager's Manual

NAME
     ipfw -- IP firewall and traffic shaper control program

SYNOPSIS
     ipfw [-cnNqS] [-p preproc [preproc-flags]] pathname

you can even tell ipfw(8) which preprocessor you want to run your
rules on, everything builtin for ages...

  clemens