Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:38:04 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <Stefan.Bethke@Hanse.DE>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        stefan@promo.de
Subject:   Eicon sync serial for IP?

For a private project, I'd like to use an old Eicon ISA card a friend will
be donating to me to interface to a Cisco router.

The Cisco has a sync X.21 or V.35 interface, to which my solution must
connect to transport IP.

Obviously, I'd like to use FreeBSD, but I'd accept any low-price (not not
say: cheap) solution to route IP to an Ethernet or async PPP connection.

Alternativly, another cheap sync card (<$200) would be OK. Or, a cheap
sync-async adapter might work also.

Any ideas?

[ No, attaching any other way to the Cisco is impossible due to political
reasons. ]

Thanks,
Stefan

--