Date:      23 Jan 2003 22:11:01 +0100
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
To:        Fritz Heinrichmeyer <Fritz.Heinrichmeyer@FernUni-Hagen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any working combination of jdk and tomcat with stable

I have Tomcat 4.0.2 working with jdk1.3.1p7, both hotspot and classic
VM, on 4.7-STABLE (-STABLE cvsuped about two months ago).

Tomcat 4.1.18 dumps core with hotspot, I believe this is the same
location in gethostbyaddr() that was reported in thread
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=0+0+archive/2002/freebsd-java/20021201.freebsd-java
however I haven't found time to try the suggested fix.  I currently run
Tomcat 4.1.18 with the classic VM, which works just fine.

I also run Tomcat in combination with Apache and mod_jk, works just as
well once you master compilation of mod_jk (I used the latest source
distribution of mod_jk from the Jakarta web site, I believe the mod_jk
in ports is or once was, at least, targeted at Tomcat3).

What's your problem, specifically?  Just saying "doesn't work" doesn't
give me much of a clue.

--
Regards,
Georg.