Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 18:03:45 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        perry@piermont.com
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@freebsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to name fs specific programs

> Terry Lambert writes:
> > Johnathan Stone's address removed by request.
> >
> > That doesn't mean that I'm not going to respond to his posting that
> > accompanied the request, since he made it in a public forum.  I do
> > not let "parting shots" slide.
>
> Believe me, you've made that clear.
>
> Feel free to have the last word.

There is a difference between:

	"being petty and needing the last word"

and:

	"making a statement, then plugging your ears and humming so
	 you don't have to hear a rebuttal and getting the last word
	 in your own mind"

...which is what Johnathan did.

If anything is more typical of being "petty and needing the last word"
than making a statement greater than "I will no longer participate in
this discussion" and saying "take me off the CC: list", I have no
idea what it might be.

If Johnathan had simply stated "I will no longer participate in this
discussion" instead of taking the low road and "getting his digs in",
then I would not have been forced to respond to digs, since they
wouldn't have been there.

Feel free to respond to this posting with a simple "I will no longer
participate in this discussion"... it was Johnathan's statements in
addition to his refusal to further participate that I rebutted, not
his refusal.  If you make no additional statements, unlike Johnathan,
I certainly won't post a followup to your response.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---