Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 08:59:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        ks@itp.ac.ru (Sergey S. Kosyakov)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Initio INI-9100 SCSI PCI

> Hi!
> Does somebody try to write Initio INI-9100 SCSI PCI driver for FreeBSD ?
> I bye this card as "100% compatible" with AHA-2940 but FreeBSD 2.1.0R
> ahc driver does not recognized it.

Return the card to whomever sold it to you and tell them it is not 100%
compatible with an AHA-2940, as it is not, it has a different PCI vendor
ID and product ID, and even once you fix that part of the code in FreeBSD
it still will not recognize it.

These cards use a ``clone'' of the aic7xxx chip, but far from compatible.